The glamo chip and its future

Mikko Rauhala mjrauhal at
Sat Jun 28 12:32:13 CEST 2008

la, 2008-06-28 kello 12:25 +0200, Yorick Moko kirjoitti:
> I have no idea if it will be slow but youtube video's should be
> possible.

Yeah, their standard videos are such low resolution and quality it could
well be possible reasonably... And also:

> Maybe you would have to encode it to mpeg-4 though, don't know if it
> will work through flash.

Youtube does provide higher quality mp4 video nowadays; you can get at
the download links from eg. service. So if the mp4 files
downloadable are ones that the Glamo chip can decode, that's our
solution; just code a youtube viewer that shows the mp4 versions.
(Somebody with a Freerunner please feel free to verify if this works :)

> nice post about the video acceleration:

Mikko Rauhala   - mjr at     - <URL:>
Transhumanist   - WTA member     - <URL:>
Singularitarian - SIAI supporter - <URL:>