More HW from OpenMoko

Michael Stather lists at michaelstather.com
Sat Jun 28 18:47:38 CEST 2008

Sean Moss-Pultz schrieb:
> On 6/28/08 Robert Schuster wrote:
>
>> Mickey writes: "Openmoko is selling hardware products."
>>
>> Heck, why must OpenMoko only sell mobile phones?
>>
>> I like Linux-based devices that are free as in freedom. So I would
>> likely also buy a device from OpenMoko if it is a wireless router, a
>> SOHO NAS (think NSLU2), a PDA or perhaps a gaming handheld.
>>
>> What is OpenMoko thinking about this?

I'm not a hardcore gamer myself but I think that the gaming haldheld
could be awesome success (with proper 3D acceleration of course) since
it would be first-of-its-kind.
There are so many good open-source games available which could be
ported, and really IMHO rival proprietary platforms where every game
costs about 50€/70$.
If it had WLAN for online games and even more a possibility to connect a
mouse (USB host or bluetooth) for FPS and Strategy games it would be
even better.