Community Initiative GTK

steve steve at
Mon Jun 30 03:07:15 CEST 2008

Yes, with FSO we move to a UI toolkit agnostic standpoint. Where Guiologists
are free.

-----Original Message-----
From: community-bounces at
[mailto:community-bounces at] On Behalf Of cedric cellier
Sent: Friday, June 27, 2008 8:53 AM
To: List for Openmoko community discussion
Subject: Re: Community Initiative GTK

-[ Fri, Jun 27, 2008 at 05:27:52PM +0200, Francesco Cat ]----
> I must have missed something... Can you post some links to explain
> what are the future plans for the Software Stack? Will GTK not be
> present any more?

IIRC GTK is still present and always will be. But there are no more plans to
varous a complete software set based on it. Apparently, this is more or less
considered a feature from the OM team that no GUI is prefered over the

Which is why I wondered what happended to the previous plans to provide a
complete "mobility software set". But perhaps the aim of OpenMoko has always
been to release a phone, and that I daydreamed the software stack?

Openmoko community mailing list
community at