Inter-Freerunner Connectivity

Dan Leinir Turthra Jensen admin at leinir.dk
Mon Jun 30 17:16:20 CEST 2008

Monday 30 June 2008 Jay Vaughan wrote:
> > Would you explain this a little more, I'm not sure what you mean.
>
> I am developing a soft-synth for OpenMoko, and I believe others are
> too.  We would like to jam together, but don't have a mixer.  So we
> route the audio of one phone to the other, and do 'soft mixing' on the
> master phone ..

  i just attended a convention where one of the events was an experimental
music set by one of the attendees using a Tenori-On (and jamming with another
attendee on a digeridoo[1]), and during the session it struck me that the
OpenMoko platform would be able to do something similar to this, or at the
very least be able to provide some nifty stuff in the same sort of vein of
thought - maybe not as powerful (since the Tenori-On is a dedicated sound
device, and thus has been able to be geared for this wrt multiple voices and a
very powerful sound chip and such), but... you know, just a mind-burp, really,
but still :)

[1] http://youtube.com/watch?v=Xq5GHUKB4Y8

--
..Dan // Leinir..