Bluetooth Headset compatible to Freerunner?

arne anka openmoko at
Mon Jun 30 15:28:36 CEST 2008

> I'm searching for a bluetooth headset with 2 ears and 1 mic that I can
> connect to the Freerunner, so I can hear music...and if a call comes in,
> I press a button (at the headset or at the neo, that doesn't matter) and
> then I can hear the other person over the headset and speak with him/her
> over the mic of the headset.
> Is that possible? Where can I find such headsets?

you probably need both a2dp and hsp, ie advanced audio distribution
profile and headset profile.
a2dp is for receiving high(er) qualitiy sound, hsp for making/receiving

be aware taht a lot of headset capable of both profiles inevitable switch
to hsp on incoming calls, so no stereo, only low quality mono.

as far as i understand, the om supports both profiles (and if not it
should be easy to integrate).

for more information.