Convert Freerunner CAD Files - IGES or STEP?

Claus Christmann hcc at
Mon Jun 30 17:41:50 CEST 2008

Please see below:

Robin Paulson wrote:
> 2008/6/21  <bburdette at>:
>>> I have access to Pro/E and am willing to convert the Wildfire 3 files
>>> into something else. What do you prefer? IGES (Wireframe or Solid?), or
>>> STEP (Wireframe or Solid?)?
>> All of the above?  If its just a matter of selecting an export format.
> i'll second that - the more the better

OK, I finally found a batch processing way to convert the files to STEP
and IGES. When zipped, the archives still are kinda large (
~35MB, step.tar.gz ~30MB, ~100mb, iges.tar.gz ~85MB)...

So the question arises: where shall I put them? How would I get them

(Sorry folks, but I can't host them myself...)

Claus Christmann
Graduate Research Assistant

Georgia Institute of Technology
270 Ferst Drive