gps app

Al Johnson openmoko at
Mon Jun 30 20:23:17 CEST 2008

On Monday 30 June 2008, Brad Midgley wrote:
> Tilman
> > Tangogps downloads tiles (images!) from the internet to show maps. And
> > tangogps uses gpsd, which is supposed to become obsolete...
> why is gpsd supposed to become obsolete?

Obsolete may not be the right word, but the Openmoko Framework [1] is going to
use Gypsy [2] for multiplexing GPS. Its dbus interface fits nicely within the
framework, and it claims to have battery life advantages over gpsd.

I don't suppose it would be too hard to add a Gypsy support to tangogps.

1 -
2 -