Inter-Freerunner Connectivity

Tilman Baumann tilman at
Mon Jun 30 20:52:59 CEST 2008

Jay Vaughan wrote:
>> Sounds cool. Something completely new or something based on csound,
>> supercollider or similar?
> Something new, but supercollider and puredata on the Freerunner will
> work, I imagine, quite well.  Pair it up with some nice MIDI
> controller and a custom cable, and you've got a synth/music-making
> platform worth pocketing!  Finally! :)

I say just two words. Acelerometers, Theremin. *g*

Should be fun.

>> I have seen the synth section of mini tamtam on olpc (using csound
>> with
>> python bindings) and was blown away.
> It doesn't take much to make music these days..

But i have to admit, i'm more fascinated by the process of creating
sounds than actually making music by bashing on some 'pad'. :)
What things like elektroplankton, Tenori-On, Kaos Pad can do is impressive.
Technology is way beyond analog sound synthesis. But i like the beauty
of synth patching. I would really like to do some experiments on this
while on a train or so. :)

Cant wait to see what is coming...