GTA02 Battery Capacity (Was: Re: More about the GTA02)

Shawn Rutledge shawn.t.rutledge at gmail.com
Sat Mar 1 01:29:03 CET 2008

On Thu, Feb 28, 2008 at 6:22 PM, Uncle Kridley <krid at otisbean.com> wrote:
> joerg wrote:
>  > - charge from any host (incl simplistic chargers): 100mA (6-12h)
>  > - charge from "intelligent" host: 500mA (1-2h)
>  > - charge from quickcharger with magic R: 1500mA (<1h)
>
>  Ahh, ok, that makes a lot more sense.  I generally charge overnight, so
>  when I'm traveling, the difference between 100mA & 500mA won't be an issue.

It will be a big difference unless you plan to turn your phone off
while you charge it, because it will probably consume quite a bit of
current in the case that GSM is on but the rest of the phone is
semi-sleeping.  Maybe even more than 100mA.

As long as the Neo will support at least 500mA charging from a dumb
charger with a magic resistor value (or some shorted pins), including
existing chargers of this kind (like the Motorola ones), that should
be good for charging on-the-go.  Having it take only 100mA from such
chargers is unacceptable.