Idea of a voice mail application

Stroller linux.luser at myrealbox.com
Sat Mar 1 12:21:12 CET 2008

On 29 Feb 2008, at 17:34, Marco Trevisan (Treviño) wrote:

> siaPeter Trapp ha scritto:
>> Hi everybody,
>> I thought about the possibility of a voice mail installed on the
>> neo.  The idea is to let the application decide if you are
>> reachable for the caller or not. The decision will be done on
>> profiles (time, who is calling, what to do (let it ring or answer
>> directly) ). Eg: Saturday 10:00pm and your boss is calling (and
>> you have a signal)
>> Neo is aware that it is "weekend" and who is calling. It just
>> turns on the voice mail... Dear Boss, actually it is weekend and I
>> just don't want to get some work right now. Sorry, my neo will not
>> even inform me that you've called. So don't try again later. It
>> would not help until Monday 9am! Have a nice weekend
>>   --- without the possibility to leave a message      ;)

I would like this feature also, and really I assumed it would become
a commonplace usage on OpenMoko.

> Cool, but your caller will pay for this.. So maybe it won't be so
> happy :P

Stuff the caller. I carry a mobile phone so I can make outgoing calls
when I'm away from home, not so I can be interrupted in the middle of
a conversation. If someone is calling me they assume that they're
going to incur the cost of a call, anyway, so I don't see that the
cost of a call to voicemail is a large imposition (it is probably
better than me answering my phone to say "stuff you", at least).

Stroller.