iphone-haptic

Andrea Debortoli debortoland at gmail.com
Sun Mar 2 17:28:20 CET 2008

2008/3/2, joerg <joerg.twinklephone at gmx.de>:

> Am So  2. März 2008 schrieb Andy Green:
> > - gpg control packet
>
> > Somebody in the thread at some point said:
> > >

> > > 2008/3/2, Tim Kersten <tim at io41.com <mailto:tim at io41.com>>:
> > >
> > >     That looks like it could potentially be extremely useful! However,
> > >     adding features to the Freerunner at this stage would presumably
> delay
> >
> > > That would surely be a software feature...so it could become available
> > > after hardware release of FreeRunner!!
> > > I want it!
> >
> > Yes don't stop wanting :-)  We wouldn't delay anything for it but as you
> > say this is only in the software world and can come at its own speed.
>

> From a first brief glance at this site, i don't think it's a sw-only
> feature.
> This actor is driven with sth like "...an approx. 175Hz sine wave with
> increasing intensity during the ramp up time and decreasing intensity
> during
> the ramp down time...", so to me it seems they really plumbed an actuator
> (Piezo?) directly to the screen. You surely can't do this with the common
> built-in vibrator motor (though you can give it a try).

They are using:
"iPhone's built-in vibrotactile actuator"

I don't know what sort of actuator iPhone is carrying...but they discovered the
actuator can vibrate at 12 different speeds, so maybe it's possible to
discover it on FreeRunner too....:-))

Mere Vibrator feedback on keypress shouldn't be any issue, even should be