iphone-haptic

Robin Paulson robin.paulson at gmail.com
Mon Mar 3 09:17:20 CET 2008

On 03/03/2008, Ortwin Regel <ortwin at gmail.com> wrote:
> I have doubts about the usefulness of vibrator feedback. It can't help
>  you find a button or tell you whether you pressed the right one. All
>  it does is tell you that you pressed a button at all. That might be a

well, that mimics the feedback i would get from any keyboard. barring
the keys with the tiny raised bumps on them, there is nothing to
indicate a given key has been located. but the 'click' as the key
moves down tells me that i have pressed it hard enough to register,
and the vibration could replace this on the neo

most users will register the click/vibration quicker than the
character appearing on the screen, particularly those who look at the
keyboard rather than the screen (lots of us)

true, it can't help a key be located (whereas i can feel the edge of
real keys) before it's pressed, but it's still a step better than a
smooth kb with no feedback at all