iphone-haptic

Ortwin Regel ortwin at gmail.com
Mon Mar 3 16:27:39 CET 2008

On 3/3/08, Gilbert Hartmann <BertHartm at gmail.com> wrote:

> Does anyone know how this compares to the feedback on the Wii when using the
> keyboard? It sounds fairly similar (save for the Wii's lack of a
> touchscreen)
>
> - --Bert

It should be similar but there is a major difference: On the Wii you
get vibration feedback all the time while you are pointing at the
screen. On the Neo you only get vibration feedback when touching the
screen and touching the screen already means that you are pressing a
button. (On a standard touchscreen keyboard at least.)

To make vibration feedback with a tapping-keyboard more useful, the
force of the vibration could indicate whether you hit a key right in
the middle or more to the rim (and thus maybe hit the wrong key). I'm
not sure how much the force of a short vibration can be tuned on the
Neo but this is certainly something worth finding out.