25 native [iPhone|OpenMoko] we hope to see

"Marco Trevisan (Treviño)" mail at 3v1n0.net
Wed Mar 5 00:31:48 CET 2008

Jeff Andros ha scritto:

> On Tue, Mar 4, 2008 at 3:03 AM, Thufir
> <hawat.thufir at gmail.com
> <mailto:hawat.thufir at gmail.com>> wrote:
>
>     On Mon, 03 Mar 2008 15:23:07 +0100, kenneth marken wrote:
>
>     like pidgin for im support of any kind.
>

>     Now *that* is a cool idea :)
>

> probably not pidgin itself, it's not set up for a full screen display...
> but libpurple is the engine behind pidgin, all that's needed is a custom
> front-end
>
> Personally, I'd like to see a plugin for pidgin that turns it into an IM
> proxy... the NEO would connect in to my system here and use pidgin on
> it... that way I have unified logs, a single place to sign in, etc

I was thinking that maybe the same way should be used for chatting (and
maybe more) with skype clients until an openmoko version of skype will
be relesed (maybe based on that for Nokia maemo) since the closed
(blah...!) skype client supports has API that maybe could help us!

--
Treviño's World - Life and Linux
http://www.3v1n0.net/