iPhone Acquired!

kenneth marken k-marken at online.no
Wed Mar 5 01:35:47 CET 2008

On Wednesday 05 March 2008 01:28:03 Marco Trevisan (Treviño) wrote:
> kenneth marken ha scritto:
> > On Wednesday 05 March 2008 00:08:02 ian douglas wrote:
> >> If I recall, the iPhone is a "3G" phone, but only uses EDGE on 3G, the
> >> slowest speed. I have a friend with an iPhone, I'll ask if I can borrow
> >> his SIM to see if it'll connect to AT&T on my Neo later this week.
> >
> > i would not call EDGE 3G. it is a improvement on the GRPS system, that
> > again is built on top of GSM.
>
> In fact, generally, it's called 2.5G :P

true, but i kinda dislike those G designations as the are very
non-informative.

i keep seeing the local press refering to hsdpa as super-3G, but thats not
given. as such, its much better to read the actual product specs as they at
least list the proper designations.

and just to deliver a small kick towards apple, thats why i hate hearing about
their "superdrive". hell, even their refreshing of products throw in a wrench
at times. sure someone is using a macbook pro, but what "generation" macbook
pro?!

but then im a geek. to most the under-the-hood stuff will fly by them at mach
16. they just want their gizmo to do what they ask of it without fail or
hickups.

i guess its the same thing with cars. some love to talk about CCM's, torque
and all that, while others just want it to drive them flawlessly from a to b,
and look good while doing so.

i just wish that computer stats where as fashionable as car stats...