Application idea: Bicycle computer

JW jameswillmer at googlemail.com
Thu Mar 6 16:51:15 CET 2008

On 06/03/2008, Joseph Reeves <iknowjoseph at gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm thinking new case for the Neo, CNC'd from a block of aluminium, it
>  could be just the back and sides, with a carbon fibre face plate with
>  a waterproof, yet touch sensitive screen. Audio via bluetooth, ports

Joseph

Did you not see my previous post?
Metal case = not a great idea
Metal case = block to all radio signals (GSM, bt etc)
Metal case for 5 sides = almost as bad and am sure will still have
severe effect on radio freq tx/rx

BTW i agree Neo + OSM cycle tracks + cycle computer is good fun and
secure / waterproof is very important

If you want to proceed then many precision eng companies can convert IGES to CNC
I would estimate 2500 dollars as a single unit job if you can find the
right guys

JW