Qwerty keyboard concept

Schmidt András asch at freemail.hu
Mon Mar 10 20:55:04 CET 2008

Hi!

I was thinking much about a qwerty keyboard that can be easily used on
the small touch screen of OpenMoko with just your fingers. After some
thinking I have come up with an idea. To proove my concept I have also
implemented it.

The implementation is Java+SWT so you will have to install Jalimo in
order to make it work on your phone. You should run it landscape. It can
be executed on your desktop too.

You can find the idea, code, binary, screenshot and howto here:
http://www.yamamap.org/keyboard.html

It is just a proof of concept and I have coded it with a severe
hangover... Please don't criticise the code itself :-).

I would be happy if you try it and comment whether you find it usable or
not. I have tried it on my PDA even with reduced size (approx the same
size as OpenMoko's screen is) and it is quite usable finger only.

Best regards
Schmidt András