FreeRunner delayed a further 6 months?!?!??

Steven Le Roux steven at le-roux.info
Sun Mar 16 00:53:42 CET 2008

On Fri, 14 Mar 2008 14:55:58 +0100, Tom Cooksey <thomas.cooksey at trolltech.com> wrote:
> A friend just forwarded this on to me:
>
> http://www.telecoms.com/itmgcontent/tcoms/news/articles/20017514053.html
>

> Please, PLEASE tell me this is not true? Or at least it's the consumer
> version that's
> delayed?

No matter the delay, I will waiting for... I'm waiting for 2years after this phone... It's not few month more which makes me get bored... and I have to say I have no phone for now... (it's my friends who are complaining, not me :))

Simple reflexion... do you want a phone now, with not finished drivers, which could not bring you garantie that hardware is ok ? I think If you want to pay an extra (for out selling circuit), you should be able to get a gta02, but don't come in one month if the v6 or v7 are solving a hardware pb which is annoying you...

So here is about the Openmoko release to be delayed, but even if it's the Neo phone from FIC, I don't care, I will be waiting ;) (and I still will have to wait for the 4th operator in France, because 3 first are fiddling with price, they pay a fined but the kept the same prices...)

--
Steven Le Roux
steven at le-roux.info
xmpp:steven at jabber.fr