FreeRunner delayed a further 6 months?!?!??

Sean Moss-Pultz sean at openmoko.com
Mon Mar 17 04:18:54 CET 2008

Lorn Potter wrote:

> Mark Haury wrote:
>> Marcin Juszkiewicz openembedded at haerwu.biz
>> <mailto:community%40lists.openmoko.org?Subject=FreeRunner%20delayed%20a%20further%206%20months%3F%21%3F%21%3F%3F&In-Reply-To=47DBEEE9.3090305%40gmail.com>
>> wrote on Sun Mar 16 11:02:12 CET 2008

>>> Greenphone is past now. Even Trolltech does not use it as developer
>>> platform - they switched to Neo1973 few months ago.
>>
>> Exactly my point - the Greenphone hardware is *just* as available as Neo
>> hardware, since both have been sold out for some time. And the fact that
>> people are inclined to use Qtopia rather than Openmoko reveals something
>> about the the status of Openmoko...
>
> You say that as it is a bad thing...
> Rather, it revels something about the status about Qtopia.

Openmoko is not (just) software. It's a product company aiming to make
the best open mobile devices in the world. The fact that Qtopia works is
a tribute to our openness. The fact that it works so well is a tribute
to Trolltech.

This is the power of Open. This is what Openmoko was created for.
Nothing makes us more happy than to see great software running on our
hardware.

Keep up the great work Lorn (and Co.). Over here we're working as hard
as we can to get FreeRunner out of the factory. Things are moving nicely
now. Pilot runs are in a few days from now.

Sean