FreeRunner delayed a further 6 months?!?!??

Lally Singh lally.singh at gmail.com
Mon Mar 17 04:24:16 CET 2008

On Sun, Mar 16, 2008 at 10:06 PM, Richard Bennett
<richard.bennett at skynet.be> wrote:
>  All the info is there, you just have to subscribe to the other
>  mailinglists, see:

>  and also the feeds section:
>  http://planet.openmoko.org/
>
>  I think if you have time to make a weekly overview of all that info, and
>  blog it somewhere, you would be providing what you are asking for...
>  I'd read it...

Yeah I've scanned planet.openmoko.org, but the signal/noise ratio for
what I want isn't very good.  I'd really just want a predicted ship
date.  If it changes, fine, but let me know.  For how open the product
is, the development phase is (unintentionally) pretty shrouded.  I
agree the data's there, but it's scattered all over the place in the
wiki.

As for doing the grunt work in providing that 5-10 lines a month of
blog data...  It's 10x harder on the outside to do it as from the
inside, and frankly I've got a dissertation to worry about.  I don't
think many in the community want to play data miner to keep the rest
of the community up-to-date.  It also sounds like some of the
community's losing their patience with this.  I'm second-guessing a
purchase myself.  I went through a long-wait-for-false-hope phase with
PalmOS 6, and am not in the mood for another one.

If they don't want to dedicate someone to writing a paragraph a month,
just CC a -progress blog when you've got something progress-relevant
to say.  A CC isn't too hard, is it?  We don't all have hours to dig
through mailing lists and the wiki to get some basic progress data.

--
H. Lally Singh
Ph.D. Candidate, Computer Science