network registration from NEO! please help!

Erin Yueh erin_yueh at
Mon Mar 17 05:43:27 CET 2008

Hi List,

We'd like to ask your kindly helps on network registration by using your
NEO devices. Particularly, the network from T-Mobile in UK, AT&T in USA,
and Vodafone in Germany, since we've heard some problems about network
registration. It's difficult to camp the network by using some specific
SIM cards. If you are willing to update your network status with us, we
really appreciate from your works. Thanks a lot! :)

Our questions as below:

1. What NEO device you are using? GTA01 or GTA02

2. Where is your location and what is your network provider? eg.
T-Mobile, San Francisco in USA

3. When you boot the NEO, how long it takes to register the network? eg.
in normal case, it should be able to register to a network in 1~2
minutes immediately.

4. What is your GSM firmware version? you can get this number by an AT
command. Using SSH to your NEO, then type this command:

root at fic-gta02:~# libgsmd-tool -m atcmd
libgsm-tool - (C) 2006-2007 by Harald Welte and OpenMoko, Inc.
This program is Free Software and has ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY

5. What is your IMEI code? by this AT command like previous steps.
RSTR=`+CGSN: 000000000000000'

6. if NEO takes over 3 minutes to register to the network or it just
re-register to the network again and again. Please attach your gsm log
file ('/tmp/gsm.log') to our bugzilla, we already created a bug for this

PS. Check our wiki site, if you have problems on these stuff.

How to use SSH on NEO:
How to use libgsmd-tool:

Best Regards,