FreeRunner delayed a further 6 months?!?!??

clare u5618 at perth.dialix.com.au
Mon Mar 17 08:42:49 CET 2008

On Mon, 17 Mar 2008, Lorn Potter wrote:
> clare wrote:
>> On Sun, 16 Mar 2008, Lorn Potter wrote:
>>> The latest binary for Neo from Trolltech is at qtopia.net.
>>
>> Thanks very much. I did set up the one from qtopia.net,
>> with a modern u-boot (5 March)
>> u-boot-gta01bv4-1.3.1+git0+10bbb38a402a2faf18858c451bcdc63d45888e6e+svn4164-r3.bin
>> and the two pieces supplied as qtopia-4.3.1-neo-flash.tgz
>> which is not SD booted, it has apparently to be flashed.
>>
>> I was very disappointed. I don't know why it was very slow compared with
>> what I remember earlier about qtopia.  I may try again sometime in the
>
> Thats odd. It haven't seen any performance issues like that.

Thanks, That is a start - I was wondering if it was just mine being
difficult.  I want to try again the dual booting, then will load qtopia
again and do some time measurements and comparisons with other versions. I
have already noticed dialout time very long with "underground" and am
wondering if it is low signal level, I will have to try in another place.
(Soon will be more mobile and then can do that.)
regards,
clare