FreeRunner delayed a further 6 months?!?!??

Piotr Duda openmoko at nemezis.eu
Tue Mar 18 01:08:19 CET 2008

Mark pisze:
[...]
> ...in other words, it *is* intended strictly as a developer's plaything,
> and you have no interest whatsoever in selling to consumers. Because
> with these attitudes, even if you do eventually come out with a
> consumer version, they won't be interested. This has been my point all
> along: what is your goal? If you ever want to sell this thing to
> consumers, you're going to have to aim in their direction, not strictly
> at developers. If you think you can suddenly start wooing consumers
> after all the development is done, you have a rude awakening ahead...

common... why cant U understand that aiming to consumer when hardware is NOT
ready & verified (not mentioning where is the software) is such stupid idea
like paring your nails with chain saw... maybe you achieve success, but for
sure, only once...
imagine some car manufacturer or any company in any industry selling cars or
anything without enough safety/reliability tests... this really have to be
avoided... believe me, U dont want to live in a world when something like that
is common... Ive been there, so U can believe me...

this is the place for developers and supporting community, neo is at THIS
STAGE and at THIS MOMENT also for developers and FOSS enthusiasts... it needs
TIME and lot of LOVE to become consumer device... and most of us hopes and
believes that it will be one day... for now Im sure that if somehow some
end-user gets here, he will quickly find out that it is not place for
her/him...  YET...

regards
Piotr