FreeRunner delayed a further 6 months?!?!??

openmoko at tonymorelli.com openmoko at tonymorelli.com
Tue Mar 18 04:58:07 CET 2008

> ...in other words, it *is* intended strictly as a developer's plaything,

I completely agree with this strictly because of the battery life on the
gta01.  If they ever had any intention of this being mass produced, they
would have got most of the hardware right the first time, and at least
tested the basic functionality.  I bought a gta01 because I thought it
would be fun to write software for.  However the one thing that has got me
since day 1 is the battery life.  I cant believe any company selling a
portable device would not test that.  I cant believe that is a hardware
issue.  I log in to these mailing lists just to find that someone posted a
patch for battery life.

But that never happens.  And I dont have time to support a project that I
feel is a flop before it ever flipped.  So for now, I just use it as an
irregular shaped hockey puck.  Its pretty good at that.