Further details of theprocess as we ramp up production of Freerunner

Carlo E. Prelz fluido at fluido.as
Wed Mar 19 22:56:12 CET 2008

	Subject: Further details of theprocess as we ramp up production of Freerunner
	Date: Wed 19 Mar 08 11:55:44AM -0700

Quoting Michael Shiloh (michael at openmoko.org):

> The PVT runs are staggered: for example, we may build 100 phones and
> test them, then make a minor change and build another 100, tweak again
> and then perhaps build 200. Repeat until we verify that the product is
> ready for true mass production.

I am just curious: what do you do with these hundreds of phones that
come out of test runs? After all due tests are performed on them,
could they be offered as a sort of lottery draw to list contributors?
(without any warranty, at a reduced price, you name it...) Or do they
just throw them in the garbage bin?!?

(just hoping 8-)

Carlo

* K * Carlo E. Prelz - fluido at fluido.as             che bisogno ci sarebbe