GSoC 2008

joerg joerg.twinklephone at gmx.de
Tue Mar 25 11:32:19 CET 2008

Am Di  25. März 2008 schrieb Andy Green:
[...]
> It means that a perfect solution is predicated around
>
>  - 16 bit integer arithmetic -- ha "no float" is too easy
>  - per-sample short processing rather than large batching
>  - multiply is expensive (but hey shifting is cheap :-) )
Divide?
Hey, for normalizing vector direction of gestures to different orientation of
NEO, we will need trigonometric calculations, no?
Anyway, it shouldn't be much harder than trainable OCR of PALM (Tealscript?),
and i think we can compare the power of PalmCPU to that of MPU.

If anything else fails, MPU has to buffer the G-meter data, and recognition of
the actual gesture has to be done on main CPU. (no real option)

jOERG