TomTom on Openmoko?

Marcin Juszkiewicz openembedded at haerwu.biz
Thu Mar 27 14:05:36 CET 2008

Dnia Thursday 27 of March 2008, Christ van Willegen napisał:
> Hi,
>
> On Thu, Mar 27, 2008 at 1:30 PM, Sebastian Hammerl
>
> <sebastian at music-starvation.de> wrote:
> >  as far as i know on the TomTom go devices is running Linux. So would
> > it be possible to rip out the TomTom applikation and get it to work
> > on Openmoko phone? It would be a great GPS application.
>
> Why not use tangoGPS and OpenStreetMap maps?

Because OSM maps suxx? Lack details, lack streets, lack too many things to
be usable?

OSM is nice idea but it is only idea. It will never replace commercial
maps.

--
JID: hrw-jabber.org
OpenEmbedded developer/consultant

            We're here to give you a computer, not a religion.
            		-- Bob Pariseau, at the introduction of the Amiga