TomTom on Openmoko?

wim.delvaux at adaptiveplanet.com wim.delvaux at adaptiveplanet.com
Thu Mar 27 15:39:31 CET 2008

On Thursday 27 March 2008 15:05:58 Christ van Willegen wrote:
> On Thu, Mar 27, 2008 at 2:51 PM, Marcus Bauer <marcus.bauer at gmail.com>
wrote:
> >  And working phone operating systems can be bought from Symbian, Apple
> >  and even Microsoft. And yet we develop a new one!
> >
> >  The whole point of Open Source is the freedom (and fun) to participate.
>
> That's why I am opposed to running TomTom software on the Freerunner.
> I know their software, and I know their maps, but closed source and
> closed data will not help us forward...

Sorry FREEdom is choice.  If I want to pay TomTom for the quality of their
maps I want to be free to do so.

So chosing closed stuff is choice of the beholder.

Hence I think you should not oppose but rather NOT choose to install TomTom.
However if your opposition to bring it onto the freerunner limits my choice I
think you are wrong.

Wim