TomTom on Openmoko?

Marcin Juszkiewicz openembedded at haerwu.biz
Thu Mar 27 16:05:53 CET 2008

Dnia Thursday 27 of March 2008, Andy Powell napisał:
> On Thursday 27 March 2008 13:57, Marcin Juszkiewicz wrote:
> > It was not done by community but by commercial company...
>
> So what. It's the license that counts.

Sure that license is what counts. But I am tired of people telling that
Netherlands are good example of how OSM works. It is good example of how
commercial companies cooperate with OSM not how good OSM mapping
community works. I know that converting it took some time but those
mapping data were provided not as raw GPS tracks rather.

Here in Poland I would never try to navigate from point X to point Y with
data only from OSM as they are very fragmental now.

> ... as for navigation.. well, isn't there a libgarmin that can read
> garmin maps directly? Can't NavIt do this now?

There is and NavIt can use it.

--
JID: hrw-jabber.org
OpenEmbedded developer/consultant

              there are actually only 10 web sites out there,
              all the others are rearranged copies