TomTom on Openmoko?

Alessandro Iurlano alessandro.iurlano at gmail.com
Fri Mar 28 09:40:05 CET 2008

My area too is poorly mapped. But what I think is that once someone
start using a commercial program because they need it, they will never
get back to a free project if it is not yet able to deliver the same
service.
My understanding is that the development of free projects is started
and driven by a need. If needs are fulfilled by another program, the
effort that is put in developing the free project lowers considerably.

I really look forward for an Openmoko application able to display and
let me update OSM (by gathering gps data or directly on the road).

Alessandro