TomTom on Openmoko?

Paolo Cavallini cavallini at faunalia.it
Fri Mar 28 18:19:58 CET 2008

Marco Trevisan (Treviño) ha scritto:

> Another thing... I don't think that in Italy (and other countries I
> guess) all the municipalities have digital map archives of their roads
> (or simply of their environment) since some cities like Arezzo (my
> province) had to organize an (official = launched by the municipality
> itself) OSM mapping party with people moving around with GPS devices [1]
> to map their environment (and I neither know how are actually managed
> the informations in local cadastres).

That's not correct: in fact, the mapping party was the occasion to free
municipality data (which were not yet imported into OSM, I think because
of their problematic data structure, but they will be soon).
I insist: OSM is driving various entities to fee theri data, and this
too is a great success of OSM.
pc
--
Paolo Cavallini, see: http://www.faunalia.it/pc