Stylus Recommendation

steve steve at openmoko.com
Sat May 3 01:38:39 CEST 2008

Nicanor,

We were all high school students, and not all of us were EE. So your opinion
counts, and yes I read it. I spent a good deal of time today fiddling with
different stylus ideas. ON one hand we do not want to burden the design (
The ID or the software ) with a requirement to use a stylus. On the other
hand, we cannot stop people from writing software that works better with a
stylus. So, How to balance these two. Some of the ideas on the list have
given me some thoughts. I'll share them with the Industrial design guys.
Good ideas can come from anywhere. From the High school student to old
guys who has done this for years. So, as an exercise, look through the list.
Collect the ideas. List there pros and cons. See what you come up with.
draw some pictures. If we had a monopoly on good ideas we would not be open
source.

Steve

And you just gave me a great idea!