GTA04::HW::input::joystick - MPU/MCU saves power and provides extra I/O

Flemming Richter Mikkelsen quatrox at gmail.com
Sun May 4 11:21:18 CEST 2008

Hello.

Will [1] (or [2] if [1] is not possible) be considered for GTA04?
It is really useful for navigation and fast writing (dasher ([3]))
and fast navigation. With [1] or [2], a stylus would never be
needed:)

If it will not be added, will there be enough free and available
GPIO pins so that we may add it our self?

I think that many people have different plans (e.g. [4]) and
that enough free and available GPIO pins would be nice.

[1] http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/Wish_List_-_Hardware#Analog_Joystick
[2] a 5  (4 sides + center) buttons joystick (digital)
[3] http://www.inference.phy.cam.ac.uk/dasher/
[4] http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/Hardware:Neo1973:Alternate_Cases:Digital_gaming

I am sure that the people at OM don't like to add extra parts
just for fun, but maybe they do add [1] or [2] if really many of
us really want it.

--
Please don't send me Word or PowerPoint attachments.

Join the FSF as an Associate Member at:
<URL:http://www.fsf.org/register_form?referrer=5774>

Free your mind - Open(moko) your phone