Freerunner and external Display

Andy Powell openmoko at automated.it
Tue May 6 18:58:53 CEST 2008

On Tuesday 06 May 2008 00:38, Fredrik Wendt wrote:
> Florian Rebstock <florian.rebstock at ...> writes:

> Actually, I'm starting to feel like I'm going to be somewhat disappointed
> by the performance of the device:
> - battery drainage

Some people are putting in a lot of work to get this sort of thing working.

> - hard (= chose the right codec, recode everything) to get flowing video
> playback - not being able to connect a VGA-over-USB

You can, you'll just get ~2fps

> - no 3G = slow data access = no streaming of my music

Well, you knew that before you ordered it.

> - no 8GB microSD = I'll be able to carry < 10 % of my music (legal - ogg)

Go and buy one.

> - need for stylus, but no place to keep it

I can suggest one place...

Seriously, If everyone put as much effort into development as they do into
bitching and whining this phone would be able to cure cancer by now.

--

Andy / ScaredyCat