Stylus Recommendation

Daniel Barkalow barkalow at iabervon.org
Tue May 6 23:52:37 CEST 2008

On Mon, 5 May 2008, steve wrote:

> I looked at emachines a few years back for doing some custom car parts. The
> CAD tool was a bit funky. The price was not hobby  friendly as you note.
> My friend owned a machine shop so he just CNCed the thing since he wanted it
> too. I never tried a plastic part with emachine, but its all about the set
> up cost and the tool you use. material is immaterial ( or should be)

The material (between metal and plastic, anyway) greatly affects your tool
choices, and there are big differences on whether the cost is dominated by
set-up costs or per-unit costs. If you want just one of something, I think
the "rapid prototype" process for an ABS plastic part is way cheaper than
anything that you can get for metal.

	-Daniel
*This .sig left intentionally blank*