Is anyone else getting 2 or 3 copies of every mails?

ian douglas ian.douglas at iandouglas.com
Wed May 7 00:22:03 CEST 2008

Michele Renda wrote:
 > Only one copy also for me. It is like you registered two / three
 > times. Are you sure you don't have mail fowarding activated to
 > another email address registered to this mailing list?

Nope, I've always only had a single address on the list, and I've been a
member since last summer.

I got 3 copies of my own follow-up, 3 copies of Mo's response, and two
copies of Michele's, and none of them were a CC to both the list AND my
address... all replies were only to the list address. All copies share
an identical Message-Id, but I see some different send times from the
mail headers.

Using Mo's response, and looking at the mail headers, I see this block:

Copy 1:
	by sita.openmoko.org with esmtp (Exim 4.50) id 1JtVGV-00059x-Rb
	for community at lists.openmoko.org; Wed, 07 May 2008 00:04:15 +0200

Copy 2:
	by sita.openmoko.org with esmtp (Exim 4.50) id 1JtVGV-00059x-Rb
	for community at lists.openmoko.org; Wed, 07 May 2008 00:04:15 +0200

Copy 3:
	by sita.openmoko.org with esmtp (Exim 4.50) id 1JtVGN-00059m-4G
	for community at lists.openmoko.org; Wed, 07 May 2008 00:04:07 +0200

... so the third copy definitely sent to the mailing list engine a
second time, like maybe the mailing list engine looped back through
incoming messages? But I can't see any differences in the first two
copies of the message at all, nor any differences in the raw message
(headers, etc) from the two copies I got from Michele via gmail.

It started a maybe two weeks ago with getting second copies, but today
I'm getting third copies, so wanted to ask what was up. I remember
seeing posts a while back about duplicate messages, and someone had to
reset something with the mailing list engine.

Like I said, this is only affecting messages from the OpenMoko Community
list. My personal Email and other mailing lists I'm on only deliver a
single copy.

Can someone in charge of the list take a look at it pretty-please?

-id