Is anyone else getting 2 or 3 copies of every mails?

Josh Schonstal schonstal at osuosl.org
Wed May 7 19:33:41 CEST 2008

This problem happened quite a while ago on this mailing list, if I
recall correctly.  I remember quite a bit of discussion about it, around
August 2007.  The conclusion that seemed to be drawn at the time was
that the list was sending out duplicates.  The solution that I ended up
using was getting the 'Remove Duplicate Messages (Alternate)' addon[1]
for Thunderbird.  I just periodically run the remove duplicates feature
on my Openmoko mail directory.  I don't know if the original issue was
fixed (I still get duplicates from time to time) or if it has
reappeared, but the problem appeared to be on the list side last time.

ian douglas wrote:
> As I've mentioned already though, the copies I'm getting are all
duplicates from the mailing list -- I got two copies of your message,
but both copies were only sent to the mailing list. None of the extra
copies I've received today had me personally listed as a To: or CC:
recipient, and the Message-Id fields are always similar so I'm not
getting BCC'd copies.