questions for steve regarding group purchases

Michele Renda michele.renda at gmail.com
Thu May 8 22:48:55 CEST 2008

Flemming Richter Mikkelsen wrote:

> Please do not ask for this. It would give OM so much extra work. The reason
> for the 10-pack deal is that since it saves OM time and money, we get
> a discount.
> If you want OM to handle individual payments for group orders, they would
> have much work with arranging this (deadline for when all in the group must
> have payed, group_order_id to identify to which group you pay, etc)
>
> I already told you that you can write a CONTRACT between YOU and the HUB
> person. That will GARANTE you the PHONE OR MONEY BACK!
> Please, instead of complaining, write this contract and maybe share it with
> others.
>

> OM has already given us a very low price. I do not believe the price
> on the phone
> covers all the expenses they have, so do not ask for a general 10% discount.
>
> Please order a single phone if you have so much problems with a group order.
>
> (I write this because I also want to buy a GTA04. I just want the open phones
> and I don't understand why people complain about everything all the time)

There is no need to use this tone. I already apologize about my idea. It
was only an idea. I was not knowing that it was so difficult and so
expensive for Openmoko.
Also I want a GTA04, and also I want that OM employers are focused only
in their work.

It was only an idea to improve Freerunner sales, it was not to have my
10% discount. It was more to save some expedition fees, that for me that
I live in Europe will be a bit big.

So, please learn to understand mail that are a complain from mail that
are ideas. It was only an idea. It will avoid a lot of flames, that I
think is the last thing we need.

Regards
Michele Renda