microSD support

Mikko Rauhala mjrauhal at cc.helsinki.fi
Fri May 9 23:37:59 CEST 2008

pe, 2008-05-09 kello 21:57 +0100, Mo Abrahams kirjoitti:
> Although the point is moot if there aren't any manufacturers exploiting
> that.

Well, you know, there's a reason for that besides the SD Card
association's artificial limit. 32 gigabyte "standard" form factor SDHC
cards have only just been prototyped anyway, not to mention that the
smaller micro/miniSDs max out considerably sooner.

With 32 gig SDHC cards coming out, though, I kind of expect the
association to revise the spec to remove the cap. Otherwise, well,
manufacturers will likely just start ignoring it... We'll see.

--
Mikko Rauhala   - mjr at iki.fi     - <URL:http://www.iki.fi/mjr/>
Transhumanist   - WTA member     - <URL:http://www.transhumanism.org/>