Caffeine

Sameer Verma sverma at sfsu.edu
Tue May 13 20:27:43 CEST 2008

Michael Shiloh wrote:

> Hugo Mills wrote:
>> On Tue, May 13, 2008 at 09:36:58AM -0700, Michael Shiloh wrote:
>>> Years ago I imagined such a pill with a known delay (e.g. the time
>>> it would take for the outer casing to dissolve). Pills would be
>>> available with different delays (different thickness of casing).
>>>
>>> Thus, you would take a caffeine tablet with say an 8 hour delay and
>>> go to sleep.
>>>
>>> 8 hours later you would awake feeling alert and refreshed, and as if
>>> you'd already had your morning coffee.
>>
>>    Nice idea, for the caffeine users.
>>
>>    A friend of mine used to keep a 2-litre bottle of Coke by his bed,
>> so that in the mornings he could get enough of a caffeine hit to get
>> out of bed and make the first coffee of the day...
>

> :-)

This reminds me of my "alarm clock" back in grad school. I got a cheap
timer (http://www.collins-consulting.org/orchids/timer2-1.jpg) and a
power strip from K-Mart and connected my coffee maker and cassette
player (remeber those?) to it. I'd preload the player with my favorite
"morning" cassette, and the coffee maker with water and coffee and place
it on a table next to my bed. In the morning, when the timer threw the
circuit, the cassette player would pipe in the music and the coffee
maker would start with a dripping sound and aroma of freshly brewed
coffee...

That was a long time ago :-)

Sameer

--