Root password and ssh?

andy selby andyfrommk at googlemail.com
Wed May 14 00:03:45 CEST 2008

>  am i right in thinking that the root account on the openmoko has no
>  password - if so is that not quite a large security hole what with wifi
>  and sshd being enabled, or is sshd only available over usb?

You are correct, the root account on the phone has a blank password,
Since no one has wifi on their neo at the moment its not a problem.
I tried changing the password with the passwd command (I'm using
qtopia rootfs), it seemed to work but it still let me in with a blank
password, in fact it let me in when I typed in_any_password!
A worrying development if all neos have the same ip address, hopefully
this will be fixed on the freerunner.