Alarmclock puzzle

Mike Montour mail at mmontour.net
Wed May 14 04:15:19 CEST 2008

Robin Paulson wrote:

> if we're designing alarm clocks for the neo, i'd love to see something
> like this implemented:
>
> http://www.soleilsunalarm.com/
>
> it gradually turns on a bright light, to simulate the sun coming up.

I have basically the same thing with a lamp plugged into an X10 dimmer
module, controlled by a cronjob running on a PC. The computer interface
is a small wireless dongle that plugs into a serial port. A bit of
Googling suggests that Bluetooth-to-RS232 converters exist, so it might
be possible to rig up an X10 controller on a Neo.

And on the subject of alarm clocks, it should be possible to implement
this one on the Freerunner:
http://www.thinkgeek.com/stuff/41/snuznluz.shtml :)