what process for EASILY updating non-developer Freerunners

Lasse Poulsen admin at silenzio.dk
Thu May 15 18:56:48 CEST 2008

On Thu, 15 May 2008 09:22:51 -0700
"Ron K. Jeffries" <rjeffries at gmail.com> wrote:

> I am not a developer, but at some point I WILL own a Freerunner.

Please remember that what you're doing is like taking a car that
haven't been test driven out on the open road!

> Is it too much to hope that we'll have access to something similar to
> how Ubuntu installations are upgraded and updated with fixes?

There is a package manager like there is on every other major
distribution. In this case it's ipkg, a light version of the dpkg
(debian package). It can be used in (almost) the same way and is very
simple to work with!

> For Freerunner to maximize potential say 6-12 months from now,
> we need a super slick reliable and easy process for non-developers
> to update and upgrade.

Like every other aspect of software in the middle of development there
might occur errors while updating!
But don't worry, I bet there will be a lot of help for you and others
alike recovering if anything fails!

> I have spoken, ;)
Me too :p