Will GTK be used in Openmoko?

Tilman Baumann tilman at baumann.name
Thu May 15 19:13:14 CEST 2008

Edward Falk wrote:
> I really liked using GTK to develop -- it meant I could write my code on
> a workstation with the intent of porting it to Moko later, and also with
> the possibility of writing a workstation version of the same app.
>
> So what are supposed to program in now?  Is GTK actually going away?
> Whatever I switch to, will it run on other platforms (like Linux), or is
> it proprietary?

You will find all that information on the project page.
In short. Yes, it is (standard) gtk. You will be able to develop you
code on your desktop and run it there. But much of the 'feel' depends on
the openmoko theme.
The wiki provides some design guides how to use tabs and how to make
guis work on a small (high dpi) screen.

gtk is not goung away. (Why do you think so?)
And to my knowledge there is nothing properitary regarding the gtk stuff.

Regards
  Tilman