Will GTK be used in Openmoko? (was: Re: Software Status Update)

Geoff Ruscoe gcruscoe at sigmavisions.com
Thu May 15 19:28:15 CEST 2008

I think gtk should definitely be part of the platform.  As far as I know the
Java Swing hooks are for gtk.  Since its shipping with Java it should be
able to use the gtk, right?

Plus as far as I can tell the ruby and python hooks for gtk are slightly
cleaner and easier than working with qt.  So from a developer standpoint I
think we're better off with gtk.

Thoughts?

On Thu, May 15, 2008 at 11:18 AM, Tim Shannon <shannon.timothy at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hm, this is all new to me.  Has anyone tried grabbing the qtopia keyboard
> and using it with openmoko?  If the libraries are all there, it shouldn't be
> a problem right?
>

> On Thu, May 15, 2008 at 10:05 AM, David Samblas Martinez <
> dsamblas at yahoo.es> wrote:
>
>> Sorry me if this has been said in other post, but if
>> gtk is not the "default" graphical library  what
>> library gonna be ETK the "official" one?  Just to
>> document me for future apps(ideas) in mind
>> --- Mo Abrahams <moabrahams at dashavoo.com> escribió:
>>
>> > I was wondering about that too. Personally I would
>> > rather have stuck
>> > with GTK, but in the grand scheme of things I will
>> > be doing less coding
>> > than other people I imagine.

>> > away from GTK? This
>> > IIRC there has been no