clarification re easy OpenMoko updating for "average" consumer

Kosa kosa at piradio.org
Fri May 16 06:51:09 CEST 2008

That's something I thought some time ago,
but it was not possible 'couse there are
too many possible hardware combinations.
But we don't have that on the Freerunner.

It would be nice to add to the description
of every package, app or update the time it
take to install it. I mean, we can calculate
the time it takes to download from the spped
of the connection, and we ask the developers
to add the times it takes to install to the
description of the software, or even devel an
app wich times it. Perhaps also could show
and/or  share that data.

Just a thought.

Happy waiting.

Kosa