Value of headsets and pouches for 10 pack orders?

ian douglas ian.douglas at iandouglas.com
Fri May 16 08:17:51 CEST 2008

Chris Hogan wrote:
> True - I hadn't yet read Ian's reply when I wrote that :-).

And I was just reiterating what Steve and Michael have said over the
past two months -- OpenMoko would rather concentrate on making phones
than pouches and selling individual accessories like pouches and
headsets. They've also said how they don't want to sell the microSD
cards, USB cables, etc., since those are ready to purchase all over the
world and for them to make any money on it would have to sell them at
higher prices, so it doesn't make any sense for them to be in the
'accessories' market.

 From an Email from Steve on April 21st:
 > Fundamentally, I would rather that some community member build a
 > business around this. Our marketing materials are open source.
 > So, you can build your own pouches, use our brand, and make a
 > business from accessories.

I've found Steve's Email saying the pouches and headsets were to be
included in the 10-pack orders, but no indication of "while supplies
last". Steve -- will the pouches and headsets always be available for
bulk orders, or is it a "while supplies last" scenario?

-id