OpenMoko codebases with Linux Cross Reference (LXR)

Joachim Steiger roh at openmoko.org
Fri May 16 17:04:51 CEST 2008

Andy Green wrote:
> | Greetings all,
> |
> | I wonder if it would be useful for devel purposes to have the OM
> | sourcetree imported into LXR (http://lxr.linux.no/) so folks can have an
> | quick method to access code via HTTP, which I have personally found to
> | be much quicker than trying to large trees of C, espically better than
> | learning code via $EDITOR/grep.
> |
> | Any comments..?  Would only of the openmoko.org folks be willing to set
> | this up..?
>
> I use this a lot myself, Google random APIs or structs with keyword lxr
> appended.  It's meant to be a bit of a beast to set up and run, but I
> think it would be great.
>
> Gismo is this insane to hope for?
>
> -Andy

currently i would rather like to put that onto the 'todo when we have a
bit more time again' list.

also i think there are some important questions IF we do that:

- which of our many source repos do we want in such a thing?
- how and when do they get updated/synced?

it seems that stuff needs a lot of perl, postgres as db and a few other
components, most important a search engine called 'xapian' i would like
to have the time understanding it before using it.

besides that it seems atleast 'do-able' (even if i really do not like
perl code anymore ;))

kind regards

--

Joachim Steiger