GPRS IP Networking

Steven Kurylo sk at infinitepigeons.org
Mon May 19 03:22:24 CEST 2008

Does someone know how IP addresses are handed out on the cellular
network?  Do they give each phone an IP address, or do they do NAT?  I
want to know if I'll be able to connect to my freerunner over GPRS,
say I wanted to ssh into it.

I've been searching the internet and haven't found an answer.  I
connected to my website with my blackberry and saw different IP
addresses for different requests; makes me think they have an outgoing
NAT pool.  Of course this could also be carrier dependent.

Thanks.

--
Steven Kurylo