Will GTK be used in Openmoko?

"Marco Trevisan (Treviño)" mail at 3v1n0.net
Tue May 20 02:27:22 CEST 2008

Carsten Haitzler (The Rasterman) wrote:
> no it was not announced. it was a management decision. :)
> [CUT]
>> Im not trying to continue this thread, Im not trying to start any flame wars
>> about one toolkit vs another... Im very sorry if it looked like this - it was
>> no my intention... :-)
>
> that's cool. i am just trying to explain why we do things. i could just sit
> silent and say nothing - you'd never know why, and all u'd get was software
> images :) i'm trying to open up a bit of the reasoning behind decisions. :)

Well, I much appreciate your work and your openness with community,
unfortunately I can't say the same about Openmoko in this occasion since
this should be an Open company and so I'd have appreciated it more if
the decision would have been debated before with developers and active
part of community (= people writing code) in public lists.
And I say this also if I love the new Efl + Qt implementation!

This is not a flame, just a small disappoint about some "not-so-open"
ways of Openmoko...

--
Treviño's World - Life and Linux
http://www.3v1n0.net/